The candidate market has been changing and this stresses the importance of your attraction strategy when hiring.
Here are some quick tips:
In the current market, the key points to remember are:
- Do not forget to promote your job opportunity. There are record number of job ads on SEEK now so if you are not visible, you will not be seen!
- Look for MULTIPLE ways to get your Job known about.
- You know your company best. Review the job ads and look at it from the point of view of candidates.
- Play with different job titles.
- Be careful if you start headhunting. Good people don’t leave just because of good conditions and “better pay”. If better pay and benefits is their main motivation for joining you, it is a big concern.
- Look for productivity first.
If you cannot differentiate your opportunity without talking financial benefits, you will be left behind in the current market or you are very likely to hire someone who is not fully focused and interested in your company purpose, and the productivity and motivation of these individuals will be much less.
You will know from our training that –
Production is the basis of morale and creating “CHALLENGE” in your job ad is very important. Selling the role as easy will deter good candidates.
Lastly, please be cautious if you see yourself dropping your standards. By standards we do not mean compromising on experience as looking for transferable skills can work.
It is important to always make informed decisions and assess your risks. Also look for transferable skills where possible.
If you find yourself with a “maybe” about a person, look more and make an informed decision. The Performia evaluations are a perfect tool to give you more insight to a person’s potential to add value and perform, before you hire them.
Now, it is more important than ever before to be fussy, work out all the ways to promote your roles, move fast and make sure you make informed decisions.
Wishing you a great weekend and we are only a phone call away if you need help or would like to discuss a situation. Schedule in for your free Performia Discovery to learn more!